Love Challenge 2
Love Challenge Campaign (November 2017 to May 2018)
- Pay toll for the car behind you
- Home Treasure Hunt! Look in your closets at home …kitchen tools, dishes, towels and sheets, toys, books, school supplies. Collect what is not being used, what hasn’t been used in a long time, and the extras you have, and donate to a program that sets up families in new homes or to local shelter
- Volunteer at a local shelter/food pantry
- Purchase cup of coffee for colleague
- “Change of Season” – At the beginning of each new season, think of one specific item that is needed. For instance, gloves and hats for winter, socks for fall, etc. Do a collection in your neighborhood, building, or school for just that one item and donate
- Visit a nursing home and hand out long stemmed roses/flowers (call and get permission from nursing home in your area before doing so)
- Hold a neighborhood yard or bake sale and donate proceeds to an organization in need
- For an entire week or two, everyone in the family skips the “extras”. Take the money you would have spent on after school treats, a special ice cream, or coffees from your favorite vendor, and collect it all in a jar. Watch it mount and donate to your local food pantry to help others get the essentials foods they need
- Utilize social media to encourage friends and family to take action to support a charity, a cause they care about; donate to local food pantry, etc.
- Give out hugs, smiles, and encouraging words at least 2 times per day weekly.
- For more ideas to show love through giving, go here
Some of the ideas listed here were borrowed from: http://www.givingtuesday.org/ideas/
Please share your experiences by clicking here.